We, at Best Rated Tech, value our users’ privacy rights. Therefore, we designed and maintain on an ongoing basis, a privacy compliance framework under which our users will be able to get information and exercise their rights with respect to their information and privacy.
We understand that privacy is very important to every internet user these days. Best Rated Tech acts in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act and, since May 25 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, as far as this is applicable to us, and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
1. Our Legal Bases of Processing
We process and use Personal Information in accordance with data protection laws. Our legal ground for processing your Personal Information will typically be one or more of the following:
- Legitimate Interests: We may use some of your Personal Information where we have legitimate business grounds to do so. We use this Personal Information to operate, improve and promote the Services (for example, when we customise your experience of the Services or for analytics purposes) and to protect our business (e.g. to prevent fraud or ensuring the Site security).
- Legal Obligations: In some cases, our use of your personal information will be necessary to comply with regulatory obligations or legal requirements (for example, addressing complaints from users or authorities).
- Consent: In certain cases, we will ask for your consent to process and use your Personal Information in order to provide additional services (for example, when you subscribe to our newsletters, create your user profile, provide us personal information to get tailored offers, add a review on a service or product, or when you contact us via our contact form). When we rely on consent as our legal basis of processing. You may ask to withdraw your consent by sending us a request to dataprotection @ bestratedtech.com. Once we have verified your request, we will contact you.
2. Information we process
When you visit our site or use the services we offer we may collect certain information about your visit and usage of the site and the services, in one or more of the following ways:
2.1 Information You Provide to Us.
2.2. Information We Collect from You.
We collect information about your use of the Services and your interaction with the Site or the Services, as follows, and in the following ways:
- Device & Contact Information: For delivering and compatibility purposes, so as for language, geographic location and time zone, we collect device information such as: device type and version, operating system type, language and version, and information that can be extracted out of a user agent, such as browser type. Also, in order for you to contact us, we need you to complete an online form, providing us with your email address and your name. This information is required, so that we can respond to your question/reason of contact, and without them we are not able to do so.
- Interactions and Usage: In order to provide the Services, operate the Site, and keep improving it, or be able to sync with our Partners and affiliates, we collect information about your interaction and use of the Services. These may include: URLs from which you were directed to Best Rated Tech and to which you are referred from our Site, internal URL’s of the Site in which you visited and your actions with respect to the Services (such as view or click), date/time stamp of Site use, timing for clicks and page-views.
- Log Files: We collect information through server log files, but also by deploying tracking technologies within the Site, such as pixel tags. We do this for analysis reasons, track user’s engagement and interaction with the Site and respective Services. These information may include IP addresses that your Internet Service Provider allocated to your device, and is used to better understand your geographic location (country, region and language) and therefore be able to provide you the Services that best suit your language and relevant to your place of origin.
- Data for social media purposes: Through our website, we offer the option to share our content to social media. To make sure these buttons work properly social media cookies are placed. When clicking on our share buttons, Pinterest knows who you are and you don’t have to log in again. bestratedtech.com does not save or have access to the data used by these parties.
2.3. Information we receive from Third Parties.
Like many Internet-based services, Best Rated Tech is operated in collaboration, sync, and interaction with third parties, including Partners, affiliates and advertising partners. In order to enable and facilitate such sync, we may receive information from third parties, such as: an internal user identifier that our system generates to each user (not a unique identifier), and the summary of action taken by you (click, purchase, view, form submission). In some Sites, you will be able – upon your choice – to consume the Service on a click-by-call basis. In which case, a third-party vendor/s facilitate the call transmission, tracking, and feedback for success. Except for this purpose, we do not make any other use of such information, unless you will give us your explicit consent. We use advertisements, to be able to finance and maintain this website. We try to make these advertisements (display or video) as relevant to you as possible, and for that reason our advertisement partners place cookies for us, with your explicit permission.
2.4 The way we use your personal information
To generally provide you with the Site, Services and constantly improve them. We will use your Information to: (a) administer and make available the Site and Services to you; (b) further develop and generally improve the Site and the Services; (c) counting and tracking purposes of referrals and ads (; (d) validation of users as human and anti-fraud monitoring (e) respond to your inquiries and other communications with you.
Best Rated Tech does has very skilled, in technical issues, members, which make sure that all technical and organisational measures are already taken to protect your information., from being lost or being processed unlawfully in any way.
3. What Information We Do Not Collect
We do not collect any sensitive personal information about you, which includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, sex life or sexual orientation, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and bio-metric information.
4. Do Not Track Disclosures.
We may also use tracking technologies to collect information about your visits over time and across third-party websites or other online services. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies and to opt-out of most third-party tracking, you may go to:
5. Sharing Your Information with Third Parties.
We do not share Personal Information about you with third parties, except for the following circumstances:
- Other Third Parties. We may send or otherwise share your Information to/with various third parties that help us with our business operations (for example, customer service operators and email or phone administration providers), that help us understand how our users use the Site and Services, operate them and to improve them. These third parties may have their own privacy policies that they adhere to, and we require them to make it available whenever their services are provided. We recommend you revisit such privacy policies when those third parties render their services directly to you. Also, these third parties may be based (and their servers may be located) anywhere in the world.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that Best Rated Tech or one of our affiliated entities is acquired by or merged with, a third party entity, or otherwise sells all or part of our/its assets, we may (and hereby reserve the right to) transfer or assign the Personal Information and other information we have collected or received. In such a case, we will require the acquiring entity to post its data practices and provide you with any of your rights as per the jurisdiction of your residency.
We may also share some non-Personal Information with the following type of third parties and under the following circumstances:
6. Your Rights
6.1. EU Data Subject Rights.
- Access the Personal Information that we keep about you. We will need to ask you to provide us certain credentials to make sure that you are who you claim you are. If you find that the Personal Information is not accurate, complete or updated, then please provide us the necessary information to correct it.
- Contact us if you want to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, in case your Personal Information used for such purpose.
- Have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
If you are a residence of Canada, you are permitted to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, where applicable. To make such a request, please send an email to dataprotection @ bestratedtech .com.
- Request to Know/Access. You have the right to know what information we have collected, used, disclosed, or in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- Request to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete from our databases any of your personal information that we collect and retain, subject to certain exceptions (such as detecting security incidents, debugging, comply with legal obligations, etc.). We will delete your personal information from our records, once we verify your identity and unless an exception applies.
- Request to Opt-Out from Sale of Personal Information. We do not currently sell personal information. If we will engage in sales of personal information in the future your right to opt-out would apply subject to your request and once we verify your identity.
- No Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your above rights, by: (A) denying you goods or services; (B) charging you different rates for goods or services; (C) providing you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or (D) suggesting that you will receive a different price, rate, level, or quality of goods or services.
- Handling Privacy Requests. We endeavour to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If the exercise of your right requires more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We may deny your request if we couldn’t verify your request or if we must retain your personal information for certain activities (such as detecting security incidents, debugging, comply with legal obligations, etc.).
- Our California Do Not Track Notice. Some web browsers offer a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal. A DNT signal is an HTTP header field indicating your preference for tracking your activities on the Service or through cross-site user tracking. We do not currently respond to DNT signals. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect Personal Information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites and services when a user uses the Site.
Since Best Rated Tech collects very limited personal data, that is further pseudo-anonymized, most times we will not be able to provide you with copies of specific personal information or delete it.
We and the third-party services/affiliate entities implement data security systems and procedures to secure the information transmitted, processed and stored on the Site, our computer servers, and systems. Best Rated Tech is encrypted by using SSL and so as any other information at transport, we periodically review our information and data collection practices to ensure constant monitoring; we use third-party processing and serving services that implement various information security standards and certifications (at rest and transmission); and we monitor and filter access to data when it comes to personnel in our organization. We cannot guarantee that the Site and our servers are immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein and to other information security risks though.
8. Children’s Privacy
This website is not intended to be used by children. You must be 13 years and older to use the website, and as a result, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that information has been collected from a child under the age of 13 years old, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that children between the age of 13 and 18, ask and receive their parents’ permission before using this website or sending any information about them or anyone else over the Internet.
9. Non-US Users
We may transfer your Information (including Personal Information) outside the country in which it is collected or in which you reside (e.g., to the United States), including to a country that may not offer the same level of protection for Personal Information as the country in which you reside. However, in which case we make sure to place all contractual safeguards (such as verification of Privacy Shield Certification) to ensure your Information is processed in a way that offers an adequate level of protection when it is shared between or among our third-party vendors.
10. Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the site or materials or functions on our site, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Last Updated: April 29, 2020